ETHOS ENDYMION (100% Pure L-Carnosine) - The Fountain of Youth!
In Greek mythology Endymion was a beautiful youth who was bestowed with the gift of eternal youth...
L-Carnosine is a natural body product consisting of the amino acids beta-alanine and
L-histidine chemically bound to each other. Nerve cells (neurons) and muscle cells (myocytes) contain high levels of Carnosine. Carnosine is NOT a drug, vitamin or mineral and it does not react with any drugs. You are born with high levels of Carnosine in your body but unfortunately it decreases with age. The good news is that you can now replace Carnosine naturally with a daily supplementation of Ethos Endymion which is the very purest form of L-Carnosine available anywhere.
L-Carnosine is the most effective anti-carbonylation agent yet discovered. (Carbonylation is a pathological step in the age-related degradation of the body's proteins.) Carnosine helps toprevent skin collagen cross-linking which leads to loss of elasticity and wrinkles.
Ethos Endymion is the purest form of L-Carnosine available anywhere. It is made up of a combination of the two amino acids Beta-Alanine and L-Histidine and is known scientifically as N-beta-alanyl-histidine.
Long-lived cells such as nerve cells, called neurons, and muscle cells, called myocytes, naturally contain high levels of L-Carnosine and these muscle levels of L-Carnosine correlate exactly with maximum life spans.
L-Carnosine is a SuperAntiOxidant that quenches even the most destructive free radicals: the hydroxyl and peroxyl radicals, superoxide, and singlet oxygen. Carnosine helps to chelate ionic metals (flush toxins from the body).
It also acts as a regulator of zinc and copper concentrations in nerve cells, helping to prevent overstimulation by these neuroactive minerals. What is known about the biological role of Carnosine in the body substantiates all of the above and other studies have indicated further benefits.
When taken as a natural health supplement Ethos Endymion protects and extends the functional life of the body’s key building blocks - cells, proteins, DNA and lipids.
L-Carnosine - The Benefits
Studies on the Rejuvenating Effects of L-Carnosine have shown:
Anti-Carbonylation: Carbonylation is a pathological step in the age-related degradation of the body’s proteins and Carnosine is the most effective anti-carbonylation agent yet discovered.
Antioxidant: Carnosine effectively quenches the most destructive of free radicals, the hydroxyl radical, as well as super oxide, singlet oxygen, and the peroxyl radical.
Cell Rejuvenation: Carnosine has the remarkable ability to actually rejuvenate cells approaching senescence (the end of the life cycle of dividing cells), restoring normal appearance and extending their cellular lifespan.
Wound Healing: Carnosine has the amazing ability to rejuvenate connective tissue cells and thus to expedite wound healing.
Brain Protection: Carnosine protects the microvas culature of the brain from plaque formation that may lead to senility and Alzheimer’s disease.
Improved Calcium Response: Carnosine enables the heart muscle to contract more efficiently through enhancement of calcium response in heart myocytes.
Cellular DNA Protection: Carnosine protects cellular DNA from oxidative damage that accumulates with age.
Skin Protection: Carnosine helps prevent skin collagen cross-linking which leads to loss of elasticity, wrinkles, macro-molecular disorganisation, and loss of extra cellular matrix.
L-Carnosine - New Health Discovery
In association with Professor Steven Charles Gallant & Professor Alexander Boldyrev we would like to take you on an exciting journey of discovery.
We begin way back in the year 1900, in Moscow, where Gulevitsch and Amiradgibi isolated a new compound and began their research to try and discover what it was and whether it held any beneficial properties.
In 1994 Steven's attention was drawn to an experiment carried out by Robin Holliday in which it was shown that by adding the L-Carnosine compound, now contained within Ethos Endymion, to old human cells in culture it was able to rejuvenate the cells in such a way that they virtually matched young human cells. Steven was amazed by these pictures and began wondering what the effect of L-Carnosine would be on living mammals.
In 1996 Professor Steven Gallant and Professor Alexander Boldyrev, the world's leading authorities in their field, began a ground-breaking experiment to see if L-Carnosine would have any beneficial effects on a large group of mice.
Here are the results of their experiment -- a picture paints a thousand words so we'll leave you to draw your own conclusions...
We have a very strict policy to look after all animals in the very best possible way and conditions. This is vital in all scientific studies so as to achieve the most meaningful results.
You will see from the photograph above that the mouse which was given the L-Carnosine enjoyed a far better quality of life than the one which wasn’t.
In fact, he outlived his brother by 1/5th (20% longer).
If you were a mouse ... which one would you prefer to be?
N.B. There is nothing wrong with the mouse on the right apart from old age...
L-Carnosine Rejuvenates Human Cells
Scientific research undertaken in Australia: To ascertain the effects of Ignotine on cultured human cells.
What the scientists already new were the results of decades of research on human cells and the well-defined pattern in the cell growth, development and the aging of them, referred to as the 'Hayflick Phenomenon'. Placed in a growth vat with a fluid rich in essential nutrients, cells from young donors will quickly begin to reproduce, forming colonies, which will fill the vat and then stop reproduction, to prevent starvation. If half of these cells are removed from the container, the remaining cells will begin growing again to fill their environment. But this process only goes on so far. At each round of division, the cells are aging or becoming “senescent”. Senescent cells stop producing the right proteins from their DNA, losing the functions for which they were designed. The appearance of the cell culture takes on a degraded texture. (see photos A, B, & C, below) Eventually, after about 60 divisions, the cells will stop reproducing and are just alive, inactive and waiting for death. This is the same process which happens in aging and deterioration of the skin and body.
Cultures of old, dying (senescent ) cells cannot be mistaken for younger cells, which are uniform in appearance and line up in parallel arrays. By contrast, senescent cells exhibit a much more grainy appearance and take on peculiar shapes and sizes. They lose their ability to organise themselves in a regular pattern. These striking changes are called the senescent phenotype. L-Carnosine has been shown to rejuvenate old dying cells, quickly restoring their juvenile phenotype (McFarland GA et al., 1999; McFarland GA et al., 1994).
Below are three photographs of human cells grownwhich have been in culture.
Photo A shows healthy Young Cells
Photo B shows Senescent (old) Cells
Photo C shows Senescent (old) Cells supplemented with L-Carnosine (Compare Photo C against Photo A)
The scientists raised lung and skin cells in one of two standard cell culture mediums. Then they kept half of the cells in the original medium, and transferred half to the same medium supplemented with L-Carnosine. The results were vivid and amazing. The cells in L-Carnosine not only had from 1 to 7 more population doublings, the cells themselves lived up to two thirds longer than the standard medium cells... The L-Carnosinetreated cells had far exceeded the Hayflick limit!
Further more, adding L-Carnosine to the cell medium made the cells younger! Scientists described the results as "striking effects on the cell morphology" (both their shape and structure). The cells grown in the L-Carnosine-supplemented medium looked the same as they did when they were young, even over time, yet the ones raised in the regular medium became damaged and irregular and finally broke apart.
The scientists took the old, damaged cells from the standard medium and put them into the L-Carnosine supplemented medium and this process was reversed by taking the Ignotine supplemented cells and putting them in ordinary medium. The once L-Carnosine treated cells rapidly degenerated into what would be their normal state, but the damaged, old cells from the normal medium were made younger again by the L-Carnosine.
Quote: "These cells showed a remarkable rejuvenation, with regard to their Morphology.. .and finally reached ages significantly greater than the control culture from which they were derived."
Scientific experiments have since repeated, confirmed and expanded on these original results. They have shown that they could take regular cells, observe them age and then put them in the L-Carnosine, observe them grow younger, and switch them back and watch them age again. They propose that L-Carnosine is integral to cellular organisation and function; thus optimising longevity.
L-Carnosine Rejuvenates Good Cells Yet Eradicates Cancer Cells
Scientific establishments have proceeded to show that they could take regular cells, watch them age, put them in the L-Carnosine bath, watch them grow younger and switch them back and watch them age again. They propose that L-Carnosine is integral to cellular organization and function, therefore optimizing longevity.
When L-Carnosine was taken from the petri dish to the lab and studied on animals, the following findings were observed:
1) L-Carnosine enhanced the memory functions of the brain cells and also stopped the over stimulation of certain receptors...which in situations such as stroke can inhibit oxygen to the brain cells leading to cellular death.
2) It inhibits the activity of MAO B (monoamine oxidase B) which is an enzyme involved in breaking down some brain messengers (such as dopamine and serotonin). MAO B activity is known to increase production of the free radical precursors hydrogen peroxide, and the enzyme becomes more active as a person gets older. Deprenyl, a drug used to treat people with Parkinson’s disease, works by inhibiting MAO B.
3) Senile cataracts in 96 seniors, who had them for 2-21 years improved greatly by using L-Carnosine eye drops 3-4 times per day. Positive results were seen in over 80% of the cases. L-Carnosine was also seen to improve general eyesight. Corneal ulcerations and erosion from viral and bacterial sources also improved greatly.
4) L-Carnosine is a highly versatile antioxidant capable of neutralizing a large range of free radicals (superoxide, singlet oxygen, hydrogen peroxide and both peroxyl and hydroxyl radicals). Further, it has indirect antioxidant powers through chelation of pro-oxidant metals and the prevention of the destruction of the antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase. These qualities give it a place in mercury and other heavy metal detoxification.
5) L-Carnosine protected cellular DNA better than any other antioxidant (Vit E, Vit C, NAC etc) under the stress of toxic levels of oxygen. In fact it was the only substance which did.
6) L-Carnosine also protects against the formation of Advanced Glycation Endproducts (AGE’s), proteins warped by sugar (glycated). When a protein becomes glycated, it results in the loss of that protein’s function, loss of flexibility, atherosclerosis, abnormal cellular signaling, inflammation, the complications of diabetes, and aspects of the aging process.
7) As people age, their rate of tearing down old, defective cellular proteins (proteolysis) slows down, which interferes with cellular function. L-Carnosine maintains proteolysis at more youthful levels in old cells. It also reacts with abnormal proteins, making it easier for the body to rid itself of them.
8) In some cases, L-Carnosine changes gene expression in cells exposed to it, including increasing the expression of vimentin, a protein involved in maintaining the integrity and complex internal structure of the cell.
9) L-Carnosine enhances various aspects of immunity and protects cells against damage from a variety of toxins produced in the body as a part of normal metabolism such as the lipid peroxidation product malondialdehyde; the cancer-causing glycation product methylglyoxal; hypochlorite, a deadly substance made by cells of the immune system to kill off invading pathogens, but also toxic to the body’s own cells; formaldehyde’ and the amyloid beta-peptide, which forms the seed of the plaques associated with Alzheimer’s. L-Carnosine also prevents the development of amyloid into full-fledged plaques.
For further essential reading about L-Carnosine visit our health blog - Click Here.